Friday, August 1, 2014

tinted embossing paste and washi tape sun rays

Hello!
Samantha here, and I'm so excited to be here, sharing another fabulous Create a Smile card! :)

It's Friday, which means, we all (probably!) had a long week of work, chores, responsibilities, you name it!
I think it's time we had a break, don't you? :)


The Comfy set from Create a Smile is SO adorable! And it's PERFECT for creating a card to send to someone you know who needs a break from the hustle and bustle of everyday life! :)

Ok, so onto the card! I tinted some embossing paste with some mint spray mist and then used a rain stencil to create the rain on the background! LOVE tinting embossing paste! What is your favorite way to add color to white embossing paste?


The kitty and the umbrella are popped up for dimension, and she's taking a nice little snooze while it rains! I stamped the sentiment with some staz-on ink, onto the wood veneer banner, and then added a few wood veneer raindrops too, to tie it all together!

Last but not least, I added a strip of washi tape under the popped up panel of the card! I really love the diaganol stripes of yellow - I always use it to represent sun in some way! ha ha!

So that's my card! I really hope that you find a way to take a break this weekend and recharge, too! My favorite way to recharge is to craft! No surprises there! Below is the Comfy stamp set, in all it's relaxing glory!


And if you DO decide to get crafty, why not put your name in the hat for our September Guest Designer Search? All of the information can be found here!


Thanks again for sharing your Friday with me!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment