Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Watercoloring Embossed Leaves

Hello Crafters!

It's Kelly and I'm back with another video for you all!

There are so many leaves falling down around here I couldn't help but be inspired by them. I love the classic look of white heat embossed images with watercoloring so I started there. 

I had a few errors but don't worry I captured them all on camera for your viewing pleasure!




I hope you enjoyed the video! These beautiful stamps make this technique super easy :)




Don't be afraid to mix mediums to get the look you're going for. Sometimes those turn out to be your favorite pieces.

Thank you so much for joining me!




Time to Say Thanks 

7 comments:

  1. So beautiful, Kelly! The copic shading around the leaves really gave them wonderful dimension! And thanks for always being so real! Loved that you left in the baby wipe oops. ♥ Next time try a DRY paper towel - works great! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kelly!! First, thank you for the awesome video. I like that you show your mistakes because I am constantly cleaning them up myself and think I am the only one! Second, I LOVE that addition of the shading. It really makes the leaves pop. I thought that you had used some foam adhesive and fussy cut some to get that look until I watched how you did it. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for keeping the outtake in your video, Kelly, makes me feel less alone somehow... (ha ha)! Love your coloring on this, it's amazing too how the Copic shading made those leaves POP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome kelly! i love to see someone like you make mistakes! ...hey i notice the way you color anything is striking!! Your arm is definitely in locked position... and so that is something i learned a month ago from an artist who was also instructing how to hold your position when you color.. i am aware that you all learned that a long time ago but i am late!! oopsy!!... and that artist says to lock your arm so it doesnt move and lay down the color by moving your palm..and fingers?... common sense 4 u? I have not heard that anywheres else but you do just that.. thanks for all your inspirational techs...:) sending love...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, thank you for showing us your boo-boos. Makes me feel so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just look your video Kelly
    Amazing and you did make mistake too..I am not alone then LOL
    adorable leaves card Kelly♡♡

    ReplyDelete