Friday, June 17, 2016

Monochromatic Crokisses

Hello!
Samantha here, and today I'm sharing a monochromatic card using Crokisses!


     

Well, it's no secret that I wish I could color flowers, and bring them to life the way other colorists can! I am practicing, but it takes time! Ha! In the meantime, I still want to use those gorgeous floral images! So, this time, I used an oldie, but a goodie, technique: good ol' paper piecing!


So let's grab your scraps of paper, and your stamps, and get started!

- Once I had chosen the papers I wanted to use for my flower images, I stamped the image on each pattern!
- Next, to add a bit of life and dimension, I used my Warm Grey Copic Markers to add a little bit of shading! 
- Then, I fussy cut the images out!


- I arranged the flowers in the way I liked best, and then adhered them down to my card front.
- I stamped the sentiment in black ink
- Next, I added glitter to the shaded areas of the flowers! LOVE how that looks!
- I finished the card with just a bit of washi at the top and a splattering of enamel shapes!


You don't have to make this card in greys! I chose to go monochromatic in greys because it was something that intrigued me! But this would be beautiful in bright colors, too!!


I used the super pretty Crokisses stamp set, and finished off the card with a bunch of enamel shapes!

    

Did you see there won't be a release in June for Create a Smile Stamps, but there is a HUGE  sale

Thanks again for hanging out with me today!
   

2 comments: